Position: Nursing Sister/Enterostomal Therapist (E.T.)
Specialty: Wound and Stoma Care
Working Place: University Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Key Experience / Specialisations:
Ms. Rozita has been working in the Nursing for 24 years. She began her career as a Staff Nurse after completion of her 3 years nursing training in University Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
She has developed herself professionally till date. She has undergone a few courses to make herself more competent and knowledgeable. She plans and has managed national conferences, seminars and workshops in Malaysia especially in her hospital. Specifically, she was involved in planning attachment programs in Enterostomal Therapy Nursing.
She became full time Enterostomal Therapist in 1999, and managing the Enterostomal Therapist (E.T.) Clinic and Wound Care Clinic.
She involves in teaching Nurses on Stoma and Wound care in her hospital and also as invited speaker within Malaysia and Internationally.
Ms. Rozita holds a Bachelor Degree in Nursing Sciences, majoring in Oncology from University Malaya, Certificate of Enterostomal Therapy Nursing Education Program from General Hospital, Kuala Lumpur and Certificate of Basic Nursing from School of Nursing, University Malaya Medical Centre.
She has vast experience in managing all types of wounds including fistulae, vascular care, and stoma and now venturing into continence care. She has completed a Contemporary Management of Incontinence workshop in 2013.
Actively involves in helping Stoma care Society of Malaysia with their activities.
She is the committee member of Quality Improvement Project in her Department. She also carries out research on new stoma and wound care product and the latest is on the Moldable Technology Skin Barrier. She has been invited as a speaker for National level of Stoma, Wound and Continence care Seminar, Conference, and Workshop.
- Bachelor of Nursing Science, Clinical Nurse Specialty (Oncology) | University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | July 2007 – July 2009
- Post Basic Oncology Nursing | College of Allied Health, Sungai Buloh Hospital, Selangor, Malaysia | July 2005 – January 2006
- Enterostomal Therapy Nursing Education Program | Hospital Kuala Lumpur (HKL) | March – June 1997
- Basic Nursing Certificate | School of Nursing, University Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur | 1988-1991
- Male Surgery Ward (7B) | 1991 – 1998
- Surgery Clinic (Stoma and Wound Care) | 1999 – 2007
- Wound Care Clinic (Stoma and Wound Care) | July 2009 to date
Invited Speaker and Facilitator:
- Stoma Care Attachment Program | 3rd – 14th October 2016
- Wound Care Attachment Program | 19th – 30 September 2016
- Contemporary Management of Incontinence | 26th – 28th August 2016
- Malaysian Enterostomal Therapy Nursing Education Program (METNEP 2016),
UMMC | 29th February – 27th May 2016
- 2nd Join Effort Indonesian Malaysian (JEIM) Wound, Ostomy & Continence Nursing Pre Conference Workshop & Conference | 23rd – 25th April 2015
- Malaysian Enterostomal Therapy Nursing Education Program (METNEP 2015),
UMMC | 12th January – 3rd April 2015
- International Networking For Sharing Of Nursing Excellence In Ostomy & Wound Care, Bangkok, Thailand | September 2014
- Wound Care Seminar, Nursing Professional Group, Petaling Jaya, Selangor | June 2014
- Malaysian Coloproctology 2014 | March 2014
- Malaysian Enterostomal Therapy Nursing Education Program (METNEP 2013),
UMMC | March – May 2013
- Malaysian Coloproctology 2013 | March 2013
- 6th Biennial Congress ASEAN Society of Colorectal Surgeons & 3rd Scientific Meeting of the Philippines Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons.
Sofitel Plaza, Manila, Philippines | March 2012
- Malaysian Coloproctology 2012 | March 2012
- Stoma and Wound Seminar, Hospital Sultanah Bahiyah, Alor Setar, Kedah | November 2011
- 1st Continence Nursing Conference & Exhibition 2011
Royale Bintang, Kuala Lumpur | October 2011
- Wound Care Management Singgahsana Hotel, Petaling Jaya, Selangor | July 2011
- Latest Updated on Stoma Care, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah | April 2011
- Latest Updated on Stoma Care, Singgahsana Hotel, Petaling Jaya, Selangor | February 2011
Excellent Service Award:
- Surgery Ward (7B) | 1998
- Surgery Clinic | 2003
- University Malaya Medical Centre Award | December 2011
- Wound Care Clinic | 2013
Involvement in Association:
- World Council Enterostomal Therapist (WCET), Ordinary Member
- Malaysian Enterostomal Therapy Nurses Association (METNA), Ordinary Member
- Malaysian Ostomy Association (MOsA), Council Member
- Continence Foundation of Malaysia (CFM), Council Member
- Malaysian Nurses Association (MNA), Ordinary Members
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact Number: +6 03-794 929 27 / +6 019 - 235 52 92